6.24.2007

Even on weekends

Okay, I like my wife.

I don't work on the boat over the weekends typically. Its strictly an 8-5 M-F program when shes at work and Im at home. Unless The Thumb calls me to go fish, then it slows me down a bit.

This week and next, shes working on a big ad campaign which is causing her to work weekend days. Why not capitalize since we are so far behind the Dougster-named "Liveline". Might as well get some projects done, and a step closer to the finish line!

Big news this visit is the fuel tank arrived. I am having some issues figuring out plumbing routing as the space provided by the designer does not allow for the fuel tubing to come up as a normal boat would. This is going to take some fabricating or some modifying, not sure which yet. But the good news, its here.

For those on the various boat forums, this is the picture I promised of the clamps.

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) clamps:



Well using that name is going to get me on some wierd terror watch list or something Im sure, with Dick Cheney listening in to my phone conversations and such.

I found that I prefer masking tape to the DHS clamps. For some reason it sticks more reliably. Who knew.

This is the framing for the forward seat tops. Lotsa pieces in there. I didn't want to drill through my faired hull, so I cut my cleats (1"x1" phillipine mahogany) into 8" lengths to glue more easily and make the curves without some insane clamping method.

Masking tape version:



The last of the gunnel pieces for the port side are on and curing as we speak. I took nary a photo. Scroll to another post, it looks like that.

Im off tomorrow. Plan is to iron out the fuel tank issue and get the fillets and glass in the sole area. We hope.

E

No comments: