6.26.2007

As fast as I can

I keep working and working and working....

The job never seems finished, but I had a strange revelation while I was doing this work, more on that later.

I had to finish up some of the cleats that weren't done earlier, and get that sole finished out. I get out there as soon as I can on weekdays in the morning, and work until SWMBO gets home, the neighbor wants to go fish at sunset, or some combination thereof. It makes the work get done, but at this point in the game, and in the season, I really want it done.

Here's a shot of the forward seating area, with the tank in relatively the right location, where I am trying to figure out how I will run the hoses for the fill and fuel lines:



The tank, as drawn, only has 3" of space from the tank top to the bottom of the forward seats. The filler neck eats up an inch and a half of that, so I am trying to scramble and find a way to get a filler neck thats a 90 degree angle. Not the fastest filler, but the space is at a premium.

At this point, I filleted, taped, and glassed the sole with biax, all in one shot (7 hrs) yesterday. Its not particularly easy due to heat, fumes, and hunger since there's no time to stop, but it makes for a SOLID layup, all chemically bonded. Oh and I didn't take intermittent photos. I wanted to be done moreso than a documentarian.

The interior post-glassing, note the size of the overlap, I am using full width fabric, which allowed a little more overlap in the most heavily walked on areas:



A shot from the side showing the trim up the sides and the fillets:



I realized the other day that I had no photos of the boat in its entirety since the flip. Let us fix that.





Tomorrow: find a way to finish out the fuel tank, plumb it back to the motor, and do the overboard, finish the gunnel, start working on the decks.

Its gonna be floating just after the 4th.
E

1 comment:

OzzyC said...

Coming along nicely.