4.09.2007

Skeggs

Some people mispronounce my last name. Some misspell it.

Today, I built a misspelling of my name.

First, we measure it:



Then a few cuts and some radiusing of the edges, and voila!



This perspective gives a better idea of the size of this hunka goodness:



The day today was spent running to town to get some mahogany (cheaper than vg fir), then to pick up some oar buttons for the little boat, then into the tug in a very blustery day (winds of 20-30 mph gusting to 40). Down to Ron's to pick up some fumed silica and some cabosil to do our fairing compound. Im not sure whether to lay a coat tomorrow, then clean it, or to just finish mounting the skeg and leave it so that its wet on wet for all the fairing layers for thurs and fri. The latter seems like a better idea, but I just dont have the time to waste, esp 3 full hours.

Makes you want to build a boat, doesn't it.

E

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

E,

Thank you for referring me to your site on the Nina (from www.Bateau2.com forum discussion of LB22). Very useful. It gives me a good idea of the space needed and the straightforward construction.

Love the Tubby Tug and the row boat, too. I recently finished a stitch-and-glue rowboat.

Re : "If your not in a hurry you can come over to Spokane to have a look at mine when it is done, or we can arrange to meet you over in Anacortes for a cruise. Your also always welcome to have a look while its being built here in the shop (goes for anyone)."

I would be delighted to have a look at the Nina at any stage.

-- NW_Raven (raven_coast@yahoo.ca)
Vancouver, BC