2.27.2007

Bilateral sides.

Thrilling, no.

A sense of accomplishment, hell why not.

If I drank, I'd have a beer right about now.

I managed to get the breakable board (tested twice!) placed and stitched. Although I must say it made some HORRENDOUS noises. I later found that it was just a noisy interface between expensive good plywood and the garbage that I cut the B form out of. Squeaking, creaking, crunching, you name it. Sounded like that last stay you had in the old crappy hotel that was 8 miles outside of town, and the two twentysomethings were having some sort of noise pollution contest to see who could be louder in bed. Lucky for you, the headboard of yours happened to be exactly 4" apart.

While the sides are in place, and everything is stitched roughly in place, theres a bit of a hook near the transom:



This little action gap can cause some handling problems later, so I will be going to the designer about how to remedy it.

Here she is, fully skinned:



And an interesting shot to show you just what okume plywood can do. This required slow bending, but no water, no steam, no heat (in fact it was colder than a well digger's arse when I put them there), no special treatment at all.



And one of the posterior for posterity:



I will be contacting the designer for the next course of action, should be interesting to see what he has to say. What follows is just a little adjusting of the wood, then FIBERGLASSING! Here's hoping the weather is cooperative.

E

No comments: