5.09.2008

Allow me to introduce CLOUD CAP




Ladies and Gents, here she is!

I have slowed on posting for two reasons; one is that my camera has degraded to the point that it will only take one round of photos (maybe up to 10) before it decides that the AA batteries are dead, second is that I can't imagine people being too terribly excited about "hey, this is the third coat of paint, which looks just like the first and second!". Since our last good visit, she has received a handful of interior coats of Interlux Brightsides in Grand Banks beige, a final coat of red Bottompro gold, and a last coat of the beautiful Kirby paints' Grey Green.

After the administration of the smelly colored stuff, I went back through and assembled each part with a loving dollop of 3M bedding compound in each screw hole and anywhere a piece of metal touched the boat. In a few places I switched to 4200 fast dry where I thought it might be best for the compound to cure up in less than three weeks.

I am welcoming any questions via the comments section, or the forum at forums.bateau2.com in the LB22 thread. To keep from babbling on and on, Im going to just post MANY pictures of her, and let you decide!







































She will be unceremoniously splashed either tonight (Friday May 9th, 2008) or tomorrow morning. She is registered at Jamestown distributors and boatbuildercentral.com. She requests that all information remain public and that you share the photos of her with your friends anytime you like.

I have succeeded at hitting my target of completing her before June, I just missed it by a year is all......

E

6 comments:

David said...

She's really gorgeous! Now go splash her and have fun!

I sure hope Texas Sled turns out half as nice as Cloud Cap.

-david

OzzyC said...

She's a nice lookin' lady.

EvilElf said...

E- Excellent work! She is a beauty to behold.

Anonymous said...

Looks great Eric !! First class..

nwiley said...

Dear Eric.
NIna is beautiful. My Dad built a marine plywood version of this (with the cockpit and canvas top) in
in 1970 in our back yard (i think i helped). It was designed by someone in Rhode Island i think. and called The Ninagrett Skiff (after the indian chief of those parts). i loved that boat. he sold it, but we made some memorable journeys from lower long island sound in connecticut to Barnstable Cape Cod in Massachusettes several times and back. very sea worth and comfortable for two boat nuts like my Dad and me. Have fun with it. Tad Wiley
nwiley@nyc.rr.com

Anonymous said...

nice boat