10.02.2007

muddling and dawdling

Basically Id be wasting your time posting the daily process, as it goes something like "put on filler, sand off filler, rinse, lather, repeat".

So for a change of pace, I messed with Dave's windshield idea. One of the www.bateau.com forum members went out of his way to design a Duvall-style windshield for me. Nice guy. I tried roughing it in just to see how it would turn out with a little 2x fir and a couple little battens of ply to give shape to where the glass would go.

Here it is!







I think it looks pretty snazzy myself, so it will go forward in real mahogany here shortly. I might even bright finish it, just to prove to people it really is a wood boat.

Other things are eating up a little of my boatbuilding time such as a fishing competition over at www.washingtonlakes.com . The comp requires an o-tay sign, so thats why Im making the hand gesture with all the fish in the photos.

Smallmouth bass:



Perch:



Crappie:



Its a life, but someone has to live it I guess.

E

No comments: