8.08.2007

New flibbidy flops

As you, my loyal readers, have been watching this saga, this marathon, this epic, this odyssey of a build (is it an Iliad too?), what you didn't realize is that my flip-flops were wearing out. You see, I have a pair of flops that I wear out and about, the nice flops. I also have the pair with epoxy on them, the shop-flops. I have been waking up for the past couple weeks with sore feet. I decided to get rid of the shop flops. I buy the Teva "Mush" flops, because they are soft, squooshy, and they love my feet in ways inappropriate in Utah. Unfortunately, that also means they wear out faster than a streetbike tire.

I have moved on, we are on to shop-flop pair #2 for this build. I had hoped the build would only last through one pair of flops, but we are not doing that kind of build here. This is a trudge, this is something that requires resolve....

Basically today is just a progress report. We have a big party coming up (Saturday, for those of you in the greater Spokane area, email me or post a comment if you want to attend!), which I had hoped to have the boat finished for. Uhm, nope. So I finished out the decks, the seats, rounded off the sharp edges, and got her ready for another weekend of use while unfinished.

Our photos day include the seats (which photos have been requested by several):



Forward, showing the now-completed consoles, rounded edges, and still unfinished bow seating area:



And the posterior for posterity shot:



As they say in British Columbia:

Beauty, eh?

E

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is looking good there... Oh, by the way heavy objects like smashing toes in flip-flops(smile)..

Boyle's Boats